The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) has created www.dontmesswithtexas.org to enhance public access to our litter prevention programs. This service is continually under development. TxDOT strives to keep the information on this site timely and accurate.
- All information collected or maintained by this site is subject to the provisions of the Texas Public Information Act (Chapter 552, Texas Government Code).
- This website provides access to non-TxDOT entities. TxDOT does not control the authenticity, accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of these outside sites and is not responsible for their privacy practices or content.
- If you send an electronic mail message with a question or comment that contains identifying information, or fill out a form that emails that information to us, we will use your personal identification information to respond to your request. We reserve the right to redirect your message to an agency or person better suited to answer your question.
- If you order litterbags and bumper stickers from this site, you are limited to one order per 30-day period. TxDOT will only send these items to a valid Texas address.
- If you have supplied your email address, it may be used occasionally to send information about something for which you have expressed an interest.
- For site management functions, information on this site is collected for analysis and statistical information not to be reported or used in any manner that would reveal personal information. The information would not be released to any parties outside of TxDOT unless legally required in connection with law enforcement, investigations or other legal proceedings.